I’m focusing on some tutorials for things you could possibly finish before Christmas. There are so many of them out there!! I couldn’t stop at Five so you get Ten Terrific Tutorials!
I promised myself I would stop deleting all my emails from other bloggers without reading them. I know I’ve missed some gorgeous blog posts but I had to prioritize my time when we were making so many trips to the hospital and they had to be the things that went. This week I’ve been reading more and keeping the best for you!! Now I’m ready to do a Friday Finds and hope you will enjoy it.
- I love these Free Motion Quilted Ornaments. They are gorgeous and a lovely, quick gift to give to anyone (and maybe everyone!) on your Christmas list. HERE is the location of the tutorial for Devoted Quilter who shared this great tutorial. I am so in love with these ornaments. I can’t wait to have a few minutes to give them a try!!
2. Table runners are ALWAYS popular gifts to make, and to receive. Over at Seams Like a Dream, you will find the Easy Star Table Runner. HERE is where you will find the FREE download. Photo and design are the property of Kate Colleran of Seams Like a Dream.
3. Have a sewist or quilter on your Christmas list? Of course you do; if not, you can add me for this Christmas gift. I found this Pincushion with a Secret tutorial over at Jenny’s blog, Elefantz. You can find it HERE and I think it would make a wonderful gift for anyone who has to keep a needle and scissors handy.
4. This lovely Trinket Case is approximately 6″x8″x2 3/4″ deep. It could be a lovely gift for man or woman, boy or girl. Right in the tutorial, you are told it will take a little longer than a standard pouch but it’s oh, sew worth it!. I found this HERE at It’s Sew Illustrated in the FatQuarterShop.
5. This table topper or placemat or runner —yes, it’s that versatile, you can decide which you want it to be, is from Sew Kind of Wonderful HERE. It is the Mini Tree pattern and you can download it HERE.
6. What about a Credit Card Holder? Sometimes I just like to take the bare essentials with me and Elm Street Quilts new tutorial for a Credit Card Holder fits that bill! I found it HERE.
7. Now for something NO-SEW for everyone and anyone: A Gift Card Holder made from Wrapping Paper. I came across this over at Kwerner Design HERE and thought it a very clever idea for all of us who give gift cards. Look around while you are at her site. There are do-it-yourself cards and more!
8. Do you have a little one who carries lunch money to school? This classy Lunch Cuff tutorial might be something you’ve been looking for and didn’t even know it! Help your little one carry money (anywhere) safely and easily. I found this Lunch Cuff Tutorial HERE at Lemon Squeezy Home, and I think it would be great for any age and you can swap out fabrics for your person’s loves. I’m thinking you COULD wear it the zipper side in (wouldn’t be as comfortable) but even safer, maybe.
9. Here’s another No-Sew project you could do with a Sunday School class or a crafty class of family members while waiting for Christmas dinner. It’s a Paper Stars Ornament Tutorial and the limit is only in your imagination! I found this tutorial HERE at Home Sweet Homemade.
10. Final Friday Find: I couldn’t help myself; I just had to keep sharing these great gift ideas. This last one is for a Yoga fan. It’s for a Simple Yoga Tote with pockets and I found it HERE at I Candy Handmade. I love the idea of having a tote to put your things in and the straps to hold your yoga mat! Simply fantastic!
That’s it! Ten terrrific finds from some of the cleverest minds out there in Blogland. We are so fortunate that they are willing to create and share their ideas free. Please stop by their blogs and if you tell them you saw it here at QuilterinMotion, that would be grand!
Have a terrific time stitching and crafting!