This week’s Friday Finds feature some great tutorials by some of the best of makers in Blogland. I appreciate those bloggers who provide all of us with free tutorials and share so freely. Please note that each Friday Find is credited to the actual designer, including his/her own photographs that I copy to show you their fine work. Thank you to all whose tutorials I show today. Readers, please visit around the blogs featured here. They have lots to share on these blogs besides what I share here.
- Have you had the problem of having a tote bag that just has button closure on the top and when you lay it down, things fall out? This great tutorial may be the answer to your problem. HERE is a tutorial on Adding a Recessed Zipper to a Tote.
2. Anna over at Noodle-head.com is one of my favorite designers. She made the amazing Divided Tote you all loved, ladies. Now she has an awesome pintuck design that I think I will be making. Since my surgery, I have become attached to pillows. I use more than one at a time to make it possible to sleep comfortably and this one is a very useful size for me. I found it HERE. The Sunburst Pillow tutorial makes a pillow cover that fits a Travel pillow size 14″x20″. Anna shares that she found one at Target for under $5.00.
3. My blogger friend, Karen, over at Karen’s Quilts, Crows and Cardinals HERE has a Mitered and Flanged Machine Binding Tutorial for us today. I think you’ll enjoy reading through her tutorial to assure yourself this is one for you.
4. Laura over at Kittens and Threads blog HERE, I found a delightful foundation pieced quilt block design. You could use the Rainbow Rays Foundation Pieced block for any purpose but here she’s placed it so nicely in a zippered pouch. She provides the free pattern, tips and tricks to help you through it and some coloring sheets so you can work out the color design for your project. The pouch she used it on is the Wide Open Pouch designed by Noodle-head (see Anna’s tutorial above).
5. I found a beautiful tote bag for your pressing mat, cutting mat and ruler for classes. I love the colors and pattern she used and her tutorial leaves no questions unanswered. Check out Quilt Fabrication HERE to see how her tote bag is made.
Now a few FREE quilt pattern….
- FREE “Welded Quilt” Pattern from Fat Quarter Shop HERE.
2. ” Hot Cross Buns” FREE quilt pattern from A Crafty Fox HERE. Pattern and tutorial was designed by Amanda at Westwood Acres .
That’s it for this Friday. I thank all of you for stopping by and hope you’ll come by again. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!