I’m so happy to be back with you all.   I know you’ve been seeing the “there’s something wrong” sign on the blog for quite some time.   You have to remember that my son-in-law, the same one who has been in the hospital for the past three MONTHS is my administrator and I cannot get into his server to examine the blog.

He’s been home for three days and already he has made the effort to get me up and running again.  There were a few files on his server that had been messed up, and the server shuts down anything that looks weird.  It wasn’t even on MY blog so no worries, Everyone, there was nor is there any chance for you to get a virus, etc. from my blog.  I know some of you worry about that when things shut down.  It’s an extremely careful business server so it doesn’t take a chance with any weird things; shuts them down and that’s just the way it is!!!

A huge thank you to those of you who contacted me through email or IG or some of you in person during the forced hiatus.   It was so warming to know that you were thinking about us.  I am happy to say Dave, our son-in-law was released from the hospital on Friday, just a few days ago.   He was in the CCU (Critical Care Unit) for many weeks, actually several months, then moved to Intensive Care and finally to a regular room.  Once there, it was only a matter of days before he was moved to a Rehabilitation Facility for weeks of Occupational and Physical Therapy. He had to relearn basically everything.   It was hard work and he worked really hard, hoping to get home by Christmas.

He wasn’t able to climb the few steps into the house so had to return to the facility and we had our Christmas ‘opening of the presents’ there with him.   He was really down, as you might imagine.

After three more weeks, he was deemed ready to return home and he came home on Friday, Jan. 20.  On Sunday, he wanted to go out to breakfast with friends and did get there.  Unfortunately, he had a rapid drop in blood pressure and experienced a ‘syncope’ , a type of fainting where blood doesn’t make it to the brain.  An ambulance was called and they took him to the hospital.   He had to watch his beloved Patriots win the playoffs from his hospital bed.

Late Monday afternoon, they sent him home….without any blood pressure medicine.  He had never taken it before the hospitalizations and apparently shouldn’t be taking it now.

We’re glad to have him home and we know he’s going to continue to improve his skills as well as the length of time he can be up and about.  I know from my surgery that it takes a long time to feel ‘normal’ again.

While I’ve been on this forced hiatus from you, I’ve been busy working on my LaPassacaglia rosettes but I’ll save that for another day.

One thing I’ve been working on is the Quilter’s Planner block of the week.   My son and daughter-in-law gifted me the Quilter’s Planner for Christmas and we didn’t see them until the 8th of January so I was a week behind right from the start.   I’m enjoying the weekly blocks and have chosen light brown, dark brown and aqua fabrics for the colors.

I want to share some photos with you but there seems to be a change in my way to do that since I was here last.  The blog was updated to the latest version so I will have to do some searching to see why the photos are not compatible any more.

Please be patient as I try to get back up running completely.   I’m glad to be back and I hope you’re all still here!!