Are you ready for another week of Fun Friday Finds that will make you want to sit right down at the sewing machine and put the pedal to the metal? I think you’ll enjoy the varity of tutorials I’ve found for you. My thanks to the many generous bloggers who allow all of us to freely use their patterns and designs. The photos and tutorial you enjoy on this Friday Finds page are just a sample of the many great bloggers’ tutorial available. It’s my pleasure to bring them to you each week.
1. I imagine many of you have little ones, grandies or nieces/nephews or just your own adorable children who love climbing into a sleeping bag for a good night’s sleep. Many of the sleeping bags made for children are very flimsy and either aren’t warm enough or don’t hold up to the task. Our grandson Jack has always walked around while inside his, wrapped it around himself like a toga, you name it! This Quilted Sleeping Bag tutorial I found over HERE at “Stitched In Color” looks child-worthy and lots of fun! Rachel, owner of Stitched In Color blog, made one for one of her children and promises another for her daughter. Her directions are thorough and I know you’ll have a great bag when finished.
2. I’ve been maing a lot of Half-Square Triangles lately while putting together the Star Cross QAL. I came across this tutorial recently showing how to make large numbers of HSTs at once and thought it might be worth sharing with all of you. This cvame from Northwinds Quilting blog and I found it HERE. The blogger stated she learned this at Quilt University some time ago. I remember taking courses with Quilt University and they do a fantastic job.
3. Here’s a bag for my Bag Ladies, only it’s for the ones who go to Yoga classes or know someone who does. This tutorial is for a Yoga Mat Bag. It’s a great idea. I have seen many people just lugging theirs rolled up under their arm. I found this tutorial HERE at Andie Johnson Sews.
4. English paper-piecing is a favorite activity of mine, though I don’t do nearly enough of it. The tutorial is really a series of tutorials. It starts with learning to English Paper Piece and moves on through others skills until it ends up with making a darling travel kit. I dearly love this precious little travel kit so I’m sharing the tutorial with you today. I found it at The Zen of Making blog HERE. I think you are going to want to make this!
5. Lastly, I thought some of you might be looking for a new quilt pattern. Dear Stella fabrics, over on their website, offered the Sunburst Quilt pattern “Oh Happy Day. I decided I better share it with you, as it’s a winner of a quilt. You will find it HERE and be sure to check out Dear Stella’s fabrics while you’re there.
Lastly, I want to tell you all about a Block of the Month that is starting October 1st and is being offered by Jacquelynne Steves. You can find out more about it HERE. It’s called “Sew Sweet Simplicity” and you can follow along beginning October 1. You need to sign up to get the patterns so go over and sign up to receive your free monthly pattern by email.
That’s it for today, friends. I hope you enjoy the Finds and you know I always love it when you leave me a comment telling which one stood out for you. It helps me know what kind of tutorials to look for to share with you all. Thanks for being here today!