I have to admit I haven’t spent much time reading others’ blog this week. I don’t want to spend what little time I have with Nina reading blogs so I’m pulling out some of my stash of great finds that I haven’t used yet. I think you’ll be happy with what’s here this week. Let’s get on with it.
1. Magic Squares. 52quilt.com HERE has a great tutorial on magic squares I thought you’d enjoy. Her tutorial is for some Magic Square Potholders. I think they are the bomb! I hope you like them too. Thanks to 52 Quilts for use of her photo and tutorial.
2. Over at Needling Things blog in Canada, there’s this great tutorial. It’s called the Triangular Thread Catcher Tute HERE. What I love about it is that it folds up flat, even with threads in it she says. Cute and not too huge to fit on the table beside you when you are stitching. Thanks to Needling Things for the use of her photo and her tutorial. I really need to make one of these SOON!
3. What would a Friday be without at least one new bag tutorial? This week it’s a Denim Project Bag from Home-Frosting blog HERE. It’s really classy and would look great beside your chair in the livingroom or on the porch beside your rocker. Ingenious! Thanks to Lesa at Home-Frosting for the use of her photo and her tutorial today.
4. Paper-piecing. I know full well that you don’t ALL love paper piecing like I do. Forgive me, but this is so darn adorable I just have to share it. It’s summertime and what do you have buzzing around your purple coneflowers and your hosta blossoms? I have bees, lots of them! Check out this Free Bee Tutorial by Amy Badskirt HERE. Thanks to Amy for the use of her photo and her tutorial. You have to go there to download her FREE paper-piecing pattern PDF.
5. Babies. There seem to be an abundance of births this summer in our family; one right after the other. I guess that happens when you have many nieces and nephews all around the age of young-marrieds. These denim bibs make great shower gifts or just to have on hand when Mommy and Baby come to visit. Check it out HERE. I think they are adorable and so adaptable to boy or girl. Hope you don’t mind TWO denim projects in the same week. Thanks to Kristena at Thimbly Things blog for the use of her photo and her tutorial.
That’s it, my quilt-y and not-so-quilt-y friends. If you quilt, go make something. If you don’t quilt, go find someone to make it for you! Go now!